Pumpkin seeds are flat, edible; egg-shaped seeds also known as Pepita, a Mexican Spanish term. They are considered wholesome and highly nutritive!
They date back to the ancient Greeks and Native Americans, so they’ve been around a long time! Once removed from the flesh of a pumpkin, you can rinse and roast them for further consumption. These seeds are highly nourishing and have been given the tag of a super food for women, and especially beneficial for those with conditions like PCOS.
The benefits of this super food for women with PCOS are:
• Helps reduce hair loss
• Contains essential fatty acids
• Helps reduce cholesterol
• Since they are a rich source of magnesium, they are excellent for bone formation.
• Decreases the risk of osteoporosis in women after their menopause
• Apart from this, they are a natural source of tryptophan, an amino acid that helps to improve sleep patterns.
Women with PCOS can have a spoonful before going to bed for better sleep!
How to include Pumpkin seeds in your diet?
There are many ways in which you can include them in your diet. You can eat them raw or roasted!
Quantity to eat? Only a spoonful, no more!
Ways to include it in your diet:
• Just sprinkle them on your salads and soups or blend them into your smoothie
• You can also mix them in your oatmeal or puddings.
• You can either garnish them on top of your shakes or just grind them in your sauces and chutneys.
This way you can benefit the most from this super food!
Health : Pumpkin seeds offer a bundle of benefits for women with PCOS